Rutland Patient Online Services are designed to support your practice to offer and promote online services to our patients. They mean that in future you won’t have to wait on the phone or travel to the surgery to do some of the most important things you want to do.
The short video below explains the benefits these services can bring to patients.
How does it work?
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
- order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
- view clinical correspondence such as hospital discharge summaries, outpatient appointment letters and referral letters
The service is free and available to everyone who is registered with a Rutland Practice.
How can I start using Rutland Patient Online Services?
Follow these steps to access Rutland Patient Online Services:
1. Take photo ID (passport or driving licence) and proof of address (such as a utility bill) to your Rutland practice and tell them you want to start using their online services.
If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record.
2. Fill in the short registration form that you are given by your practice.
3. Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username, password and instructions on how to log in